Grandfather's Birthday Present
I was really touched by this story. It was so cute. They gave (sort of) grandfather a family portrait and even though it wasn't stated, I can still feel that grandfather truly appreciated what his kids gave him.
After reading this selection, I suddenly remembered my own grandfather. Not because he was similar with the character in the story but because they were the exact opposite.
Every Christmas and birthday, I always give my grandfather either a shirt or cologne or both. Spoiled much? Haha. But everytime I give him stuff, he'll end up complaining and saying things like "T-Shirt nasad? Daghan na kaayo kong t-shirt!" (T-shirt nanaman? Ang dami ko ng t-shirt!) and "Fake man ning imong gipalit! Daling ma wa ang baho." (Fake naman tong binili mo! Ang bilis mawala ng amoy) or sometimes "Sana 'yusi' (yosi) nalang ang binili mo!" (Sorry, Bisaya kami. HAHA)
But despite all of his harsh comments, he still thanks me. And I know that deep down inside, he appreciates it. I remember my aunt once told me "gusto yan ng lolo mo. Ayaw niya lang na gumagastos ka."
Awww. Sweet, right? :)
This is my grandfather, Gandhi Gurbuxani:
ohai, Bumbay. :))
Ang cute ng lolo ko. HAHAHA :)) I love you, Dada! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment